Saturday, August 21

Saturday Morning Waffles

See my new toy!!! I got it this week from Bed Bath & Beyond with a gift card my mom gave me for my birthday. (THANKS MOM!!!)



Since there's 6 of us I went for the bigger model. I really like it. It has several temp settings and even beeps at me when the waffles are cooked.

This was my first time to ever make waffles. I started with Crystal's recipe for Whole Wheat Waffles, doubled it, and made a few adjustments and here's what I came up with. Everyone really loved them!

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla

Mix dry. Whisk wet. Combine the two. Cook until desired done-ness. ENJOY!!

I served these with syrup and strawberry jelly. My husband had both together but I made the girls pick one or the other. These are also really good with honey!!

I had about 12 left over to freeze and have later this week. And yes, that is a Christmas baggie! Ahhh, the joys of stockpiling! ;)




Happy Cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. They are the best waffles I have ever tasted, Momma!

    Girlygirl9 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...