Friday, September 17

Beer Bread and Freezer Cooking



I have been wanting to make my own bread for a while. I don't have a bread machine and I'm a little nervous about the whole mixing and rising and punching down and rising again thing. So I found this recipe on the Food Network site to use for my first try. It's so easy and so good!! (And yes, the end of the loaf is missing. Of course I had to try it to make sure it was good. And then I had to try it again. ;))

Ingredients

3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 ounces beer
2 tablespoons melted butter

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix well. The mixture should be sticky. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. At the last 3 minutes of baking, remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with butter and return to oven.

I also made up about 2 dozen waffles yesterday along with the 3 chickens I roasted. Now I have a little head start on breakfast and meats for the next few days.

Happy Cooking!!


2 comments:

  1. I love that this bread is so easy to make, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! It is so good I even had it with honey for breakfast this morning. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...