Tuesday, September 28

Brown Butter Apples



Brown Butter Apples...need I say more? Ok, I'll say more...YUM YUM YUM!! How's that for more? This recipe is so easy! My daughter and I threw it together for breakfast last week and served it over waffles. These apples would be wonderful in oatmeal, on pancakes, or especially on vanilla ice cream! My mom suggested how good they would be with a little sweet cream poured over them. Are you drooling yet? You will be once you make them for yourself!!

4 apples, pealed/cored/diced
4 tablespoons butter, NOT margarine
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Saute until apples are tender and the butter has mixed with the sugar to make a sticky brown sauce.

This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled if you were serving a crowd. These would be great for canning or freezing as well.

Happy Cooking!!

You’ll find all kinds of new recipes this weekend at Heavenly Homemakers Recipe Parade!!

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and What's Cooking Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday to share one of your recipes (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/What%27s%20Cooking%20Wednesday)!! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look goo! My daughter would love them in oatmeal!

    Thanks for stopping by for What's Cooking Wednesday...come back next week and link up again!

    Diane
    www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...