Thursday, September 30

Cheesy Italian Bread

As I was making dinner last night I realized that it wouldn't be complete without a little crunchy bread. We were having spaghetti Hamburger Helper. I know, I know, Hamburger Helper. I was being lazy...lol! I had some garlic toast in the freezer but I didn't want to heat up the house with the oven. I almost never get to use the oven during the summer months because it makes our house so hot! So I decided instead to use the skillet and toast some up that way.

This recipe is so easy and doesn't require any measuring. All you need is a loaf of french bread (that I got on the discount rack...woohoo!), butter, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite italian seasonings. I used parsley, italian seasoning, and garlic powder (that didn't make it into the picture). Garlic salt would have been better but I'm out.



Butter and season both sides of your bread. Just season to taste. If your family likes more garlic then load it up. Like more italian? Shake on more parsley or oregano.



Toast the bread in a skillet on medium-high heat. Flip the bread and sprinkle the top with mozzarella. Place a lid on top for a minute or so to help melt the cheese. Remove bread from the pan when cheese is melted and the other side is toasted.



These were a big hit with everyone! I will definitely be making them again!

Happy Cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. I can cheese the heck out of some bread, lol! Looks great!

    Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my family is obsessed with garlic bread..even better is cheesy garlic bread!

    Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope you link up with us again next week!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...