Thursday, September 2

Hamburger Gravy



Last night we had hamburger gravy with mashed potatoes and green beans. This is definitely comfort food in my book! I LOVE me some mashed potatoes! (Even though they were mean to me the last time I made them!)

This is a very easy dish to make. It only requires a couple ingredients and a little time for the gravy to simmer.

2 1/2 - 3 lbs. ground beef
1/2 an onions worth of snow, or more depending on your taste
salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
approx. 1/3-1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cups water
flour and cold water for thickening
(can anyone tell that I'm having trouble coming up with measurements? I just don't measure a lot when cooking dinner.)

Brown ground beef with onion snow and seasonings until done. Drain off the grease. Add the water and soy sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes. Combine a few tablespoons of flour and about a cup of cold water then add to the meat mixture. Stir it all together really well and let it simmer and thicken for about another 15 min. Serve over mashed potatoes.

This recipe makes enough to feed my family of 6 with a couple servings left over. This is after everyone has had seconds! It could easily be doubled or tripled for your freezer (which I have done before) or to feed a crowd.

Happy Cooking!




3 comments:

  1. Wow I bet that would really be good when its snowing!! I would like something sweet with it tho like cantelope or jello. I have a sweet and savory problem!! Ha!Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! And yeah, definitely a comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very yummy! And it freezes beautifully. I have made double batches to have in the freezer. It doesn't last long since my family loves it so much but it is worth the extra effort to have some handy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...