Monday, September 13

Monday's Menu



Good Monday Morning to you!! It's a great day to be alive! If the Lord allowed you to open your eyes this morning you should be giving thanks! I am giving thanks because I have food in my kitchen to make this menu with and money in the bank to buy the things I will need to round it out. Today is a beautiful day in the Lord!!

My husband went to the heart doctor on Friday. It was just a check up. Things went good but now hubby wants to start eating healthier. I am totally on board with the idea, it's just hard for me to change my normal way of cooking. My menu consists of some of our old favorites, I will just try to cook them a bit differently. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!!!

Breakfast~
1. cereal
2. malt-o-meal, bacon
3. pb&j smoothies, toast
4. cereal
5. oatmeal
6. boiled eggs, fruit, ham
7. waffles, turkey bacon

Lunch~
1. sandwiches, cucumbers
2. biscuit pizza pockets (this is an experiment), veggies
3. beef and beans, tortillas
4. beef and broccoli, rice
5. spaghetti, salad
6. roasted chicken sandwiches, sun chips
7. srevotfel or eat out

Dinner~
1. lasagna, potatoes, salad
2. roasted chicken, sauteed zucchini, corn, beer bread
3. chicken and rice soup
4. pork loin chops, green beans, potatoes
5. red pork, beans, tortillas
6. roasted chicken breast salad
7. buffalo burgers, caramelized red onions, ranch beans

Snacks~
1. vanilla wafers, pudding
2. pizza bites
3. cantaloupe
4. applesauce, graham crackers
5. pb&j, popcorn
6. ham and cheese pockets
7. pretzels, cheese, fruit

I've got a lot of new recipes to try this week. I will be sure to let you know how they turn out. I'm excited about them!

Happy Cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you good luck with your plan to make healthier meals. My experience is that it takes time and diligence - planning and sticking with the plan. I highly recommend that you investigate how you can include dark green vegetables in your weekly menus (not necessarily every night, but more than twice a week) such as broccoli, spinach, greens (such as kale, collard, turnip), green beans. Occasionally have a "rainbow" as a snack platter - fruits or veggies - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
    Note - this is my first time to visit your site - so perhaps my recommendations are old hat for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! We had green beans for dinner last night, and I had leftover broccoli for lunch. We also like raw spinach in salads but we've never had greens. I might have to try those as I know they are so good for us. I love the idea of a RAINBOW snack platter. We love snacky meals like that. Thanks for stopping by! You're welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...