Friday, September 10

Sweet Peanut Butter Ritz

My husband got a craving the other night for these sweet easy treats. I usually make them around Christmas time to include in gift boxes. They are really easy and only require 2 or 3 ingredients. (depending on how much work you want to do...clearly I took the easy way out!)



To do it the easy way just get yourself a box of mini peanut butter ritz sandwiches. Melt 6 blocks of white chocolate candy coating. I microwave it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time I check it.



Drop a few into your bowl and cover completely with the melted chocolate.




Gently remove with a fork and lay on a baking sheet. I put parchment paper on mine so I have less to clean up.



Keep going until you have used up all your chocolate, or all your ritz, or until you run out of room on your pan. I ran out of room so I took the remaining melted chocolate and box of ritz to the couch for hubby and I to dip. YUM!



Let them cool on the baking sheet until the coating has hardened.

Tips for not eating too many (trust me, if you don't follow these tips, you WILL eat too many! ask me how I know...)~

1. Make them bigger. You can do the same thing with big ritz and peanut butter. You just have to make the sandwiches yourself. It's harder to eat one big one than it is to eat 6 or 8 or 10 little ones. (Don't judge me! LOL!)
2. Pack them up quickly! Get the extras into baggies as soon as they're hardened! I made them last night. They are ALL GONE!
3. This is probably the most important tip...DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LEAVE THEM OUT IN AN OPEN BOWL ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER WHERE YOU KNOW YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME!! I think I popped one in my mouth every time I walked through there today. My taste buds are thanking me, my hips not so much!

Happy Cooking!!

You’ll find all kinds of new recipes this weekend at Heavenly Homemakers Recipe Parade!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, those look delicious! I grew up making something similar - raspberry jam sandwiched in between Ritz crackers and then dipped in melted peanut butter chips. SO GOOD. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Yours sound really good too! I've never thought of putting the peanut butter on the OUTSIDE. I will have to try that! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...