Friday, October 8

Ham Pizza

Yesterday the troops were getting hungry but I just wasn't in the mood to cook big. I looked over the menu for the week and noticed that most of the lunches I had planned required some work. Ummm, no. Not yesterday. So as I was standing with the fridge wide open with that blank stare that comes when you don't know what you are going to cook, I saw a lost pizza crust on the bottom shelf. Hmmmmm....I didn't want it to go to waste but I didn't have the makings for a traditional pizza. The result is this beauty!



BabyGirl5 said it was the best pizza she had ever eaten. Woohoo! Way to go mom! It was super easy and surprisingly tasty.

You will need~
1 pizza crust
3 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges
shredded cheese of your choice
diced ham
parsley

First I took my pizza crust and stretched it out over my pan. The size of your pan will determine the thickness of your crust. My pan is actually a slide on lid that goes to a 9x13 pan. Once my dough was stretched I took 3 wedges of garlic and herb Laughing Cow Cheese (that I got for cheap) and spread them out on top of the crust. Next came a good sprinkling of shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese and a generous helping of diced ham. I added some parsley for color and a bit of garlic powder in case we needed to scare off vampires with our breath. I realized later that I totally didn't need the garlic powder since the Laughing Cow Cheese was already plenty garlicky! I then put it in my pre-heated, 400 degree oven until the cheese was melted and the crust was golden.



Serve it with a nice salad and your dressing of choice to round out the meal. YUM YUM!

What interesting pizza combinations do you love?

Happy Cooking!!



2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try this, I could just substitute with turkey ham and be in there! Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate trying to figure out whats for dinner some nights but you did good!

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope to see you again next week!

    Diane
    www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...