Tuesday, October 12

Tuesday's Tip~Boiled Eggs


Funny story...yesterday morning as my husband was getting ready for work I asked him if he wanted a boiled egg before he left. He said yes and asked me if I could heat it up. What? Heat it up? I've never done that before but ok...???? (I usually eat mine cold straight from the fridge.) So I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, not knowing for sure how long it would take. I left the kitchen and about 15 seconds later we both heard this BOOM. The egg had exploded! LOL! What a mess that was to clean up at 7:00 in the morning. The lesson? Don't heat up a whole boiled egg in your microwave!!

On to my tip...if you're like me you like to make extra boiled eggs. My family has always loved them to snack on and has just recently taken to wanting them for breakfast. However, sometimes I put the extras in the fridge and the bowl they're in gets pushed to the back and I'm not quite sure how old they are. Here's the solution. Get a pencil and either write the date you boiled them or the date they should be eaten by right on the shell. No more guessing how old your eggs are!

Be Blessed!!

This post is linked to the following blogs~





Photo

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Ashley! I never thought about doing that before, but I love cooking up extra hard boiled eggs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. Hope that tip helps you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com


    Yay! I love finding other food blogs! Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...