Tuesday, November 9

The Best Ever Cheese Dip

This recipe is so easy, so tasty, and so filling. You can make it as a snack but I often make it as a meal. Ok, so it's not the healthiest meal, but it fills an empty hole. ;) I have also had several comments that this cheese dip is, "The best cheese dip I've ever had!" My secret? Mexican chorizo.

Get your skillet out and cook up about 2-3 oz. of chorizo. Once that's almost done, add a pound of your favorite breakfast sausage. I like to use the spicy kind because we like our cheese dip hot. Brown the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks. After your sausage is done add one can of tomatoes and green chili's (rotel), again, you decide how hot you want it, and about 2/3 of a block of processed cheese (velveeta), cubed. (I only put the name brands in parentheses so you will know what I'm talking about. I almost always buy generic but still call the stuff by the brand name.) Stir that all together until it's well mixed then add in some milk. Keep stirring and adding milk as needed. It's ready to serve when all the cheese is melted and it's the consistency you like.

If you don't have chorizo you can omit it. However, I didn't start getting the "Best Cheese Dip Ever" compliments until I started adding it. It really makes a bigger difference than you would think. Just don't burn it! Burnt chorizo will ruin the whole pan! I find it in my WalMart next to the cream cheese and mexican cheeses. However it's with the smoked and polish sausages at my local grocery store.
Serve it with whatever dippers you want. We usually use corn tortilla chips but we have had it with pretzels, popcorn, and served over baked potatoes!

What are some ways you like your cheese dip?

Happy Cooking!!

This post is linked to~

1 comment:

  1. This sounds nice and spicy, just how I like it. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...