Monday, November 1

SOAP~Nothing Is Mine

A big thanks to Amy of Mom's Toolbox for introducing me to this method of Scripture study!

Scripture~
  • Mark 10:21~ Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Observation~
  • This man wanted to follow Jesus. However, his stuff was getting in the way. He needed to rid his life of things which are not eternal and give to the poor. Giving will produce eternal rewards. Once he wasn't distracted by his earthly treasures he would be able to follow and focus on Jesus.
Application~
  • What treasures do I have here (or what am I seeking here) that block the relationship Jesus wants to have with me? If God asked me to, would I be willing to give it all away? I need to get rid of the thought that it's all mine. Nothing belongs to me. I need to be willing to lay it all down if that's what God asks me to do.
Prayer~
  • Father, thank you for all you have given me. You have truly blessed me. Help me to recognize times in my life when I am focusing on stuff and not on you. Remind me that all I have is just on loan from you anyways. I deserve nothing, even on my best day. Lord, please work in my heart and help me be content with what I have, obedient when you tell me to get rid of something, and grateful when you bless me. All I have now, all I will have, it's yours. I love you so much!
Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...