Tuesday, November 23

Tater Tot Casserole

YUM...that's all you'll be saying when you take that first bite. Wait, I'm sorry. You won't actually be able to SAY yum (since your mouth will be full), but you will definitely be thinking it!

This recipe is so easy to put together. My crew loves it so much that we kill a 9x13 pan every time! My husband told me that I'm going to have to start making a bigger pan than this. What size comes after 9x13 anyways? 11x15? I don't even have a pan that big. I would consider investing however as this dish is that good and definitely a family favorite!

  1. 1 lb. ground beef
  2. salt, pepper, garlic salt, season salt, cumin
  3. 1 can cream soup
  4. shredded cheese
  5. 1 bag of tater tots
  6. 1 hungry family

To start, preheat your oven to 350. I know I talked about not having to preheat but I didn't once and for some reason the meat pulled away from the sides. So on this recipe make sure to preheat.

Next, squish a pound of ground beef evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Doesn't that sound fun? Squishing beef...wahoo! Once that's done cover the meat evenly with salt, pepper, garlic salt, cumin, and season salt. Use your best judgement on the measurements here and go with what your family likes. Then spread a can of cream of whatever soup is in your pantry over the meat. I like cream of chicken best but have used cream of mushroom many times. I have never used cream of celery but I'm sure that would work too. Sprinkle with an even layer of shredded cheese. I like sharp cheddar or colby best. Use whatever you have on hand. Then top with tater tots. I like to give the tots a good coat of steak seasoning or season salt too for that extra kick. Put it in the oven for about 30-45 min until the meat is done. A good way to test is to take a tot out of the middle, dig the meat out and make sure it's done, eat the meat because you're the cook and you deserve a taste, then put the tot back so nobody knows. :D

I had meant to get a picture of a big square of steamy cheesy goodness on my (or somebody's) plate but we were all so hungry and it smelled so good that I completely forgot. Guess you'll just have to go make it yourself.

Happy Cooking!!

This recipe is linked to the following posts~

8 comments:

  1. Yep this is a family favorite! I've also added a can of corn and/or rotel tomatoes to mine just to "spice" it up from time to time.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our families all-time favorite comfort foods! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep this a favorite in our house too! You can never go wrong with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had this in ages! Such great comfort food though. I may have to add it to the menu very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had tater tot casserole, but am dying to try it, lol!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh, so glad to see others make Tater Tot Casserole and proudly share it - giggle. We make ours with Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup- oh yeah, deeeelicious..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. Cheddar cheese soup? That sounds awesome! I might have to try it that way next time. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly? This sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. Feeding my family processed, fatty foods(such as tater tots and cream of ______ soup) is not my desire.
    You seem to have a lovely blog here, but the health value of your food seems wanting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...