Wednesday, December 1

2nd Annual Christmas Decorating Party!!



Last year I thought it would be fun to have an all out party to put up our Christmas tree and decorate the house. It wasn't really planned, just a wild hair I got one day, so we didn't have too many activities to do at our party but it was still loads of fun! The girls were in public school then so I even got them out just after lunch (which they LOVED) and took them to Hobby Lobby to get things to make ornaments.

This year was going to be different. I was going to make all sorts of plans, have all kinds of activities and snacks, and really make it an all day event. We were so happy yesterday morning with the bacon frying and the waffles cooking and the Christmas music blasting. Then realization hit me......all of our Christmas decorations are in storage in the new town waiting to be put up in the new house. When packing up all our stuff in July I never, EVER imagined that we wouldn't be moved by now. So, we did the best with what we had. I dug out a few things that I had bought on clearance last year that didn't make it into the Christmas box and we had a great time anyways.

We started the day with hot chocolate and snowman poop. :) What? You don't have a snowman to poop in your hot chocolate? That's ok, you can just use marshmallows.

After warming our hearts with Christmas music and our bellies with hot chocolate we had waffles and bacon for breakfast. While the girls ate I read them the story of Jesus' birth. I had them really think about what it must have been like to have a baby in a barn and have to lay Him in a manger.

After breakfast we went to the library for lots of Christmas books then to the Dollar General for some cheap decorations since ours are all packed. When we got back we had a tasty fish lunch and sparkling grape juice to toast Jesus and our new house. (Aren't those cups cute?!? I got them for $0.75 each at DG.)

We decorated a makeshift tree with the cutest lights I got on clearance last year. They are white lights with red tips.

We hung an ornament at the top that has my son's name on it. We get him a new one every year even though he's with Jesus.
We also had a dance contest, made a list of presents we think Jesus wants from us, and baked White Chocolate Almond Cookies.

I promised my girls that if we get into a new house before Christmas then we would have another decorating party.

The possibilities for a day like this are endless. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.

  • Get crafty and make your own ornaments.
  • Make a gingerbread house.
  • Make a list of people you can bless secretly this season.
  • Say a special prayer for the Lord to keep your heart in the right place.
  • Watch a favorite Christmas movie together.
What would you do during a Christmas Decorating Party??

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!!

This post is linked to the following~

Top Photo Source

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made it special in spite of the hindrances. What a blessed example for your children! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...