Tuesday, January 25

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins


Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins

3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup quick oats
1 cup add-ins

Combine all wet ingredients and beat until blended. Stir in your add-ins. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the wet. Stir in oats. Pour into a lined or greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 for 18-20 min.
Makes 1 dozen.

On the muffins in the picture I added a cup of chocolate chips. I honestly didn't expect them to turn out as good as they did! I have made them with diced apples, cranberries, and white chocolate chips as well. I have also been known to add a bit of flax seeds in for an extra health kick. You could add in berries or nuts, really whatever you have on hand. If you do it that way then you'll have a different flavor every time.

Happy Cooking!!

This post is linked to the following~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been on a muffin kick lately. I'm blaming it on pregnancy but I just can;t get enough. Muffins with chocolate sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...we love muffins at our house. My problem is that my girls can't get enough. I have to ration them...lol! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...