Saturday, February 19

Tasty Veggies

Looking to add a little kick to the same ole veggies?  Try these two on for size.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
 This is simply your basic mashed potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese melted on top.  You can either put them in an oven save pan and melt the cheese that way or just turn the stove down to low and put a lid on it.



Spicy Squash and Zucchini
 This one is a very simple favorite in our house.  Just dice squash and zucchini and saute them in about 2 tsp. of olive oil.  While they are cooking add some spicy seasoning.  This time I used salt, pepper, and a seasoning my dad brought me from Louisiana called Slap Yo Mamma.  Yes, that's really what it's called.  It's spicy and flavorful and really good on veggies.  Greek seasoning is also very good on these veggies.

I know meat usually takes center stage at dinner time but with these two simple sides you have an easy way to make veggies shine as well.

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...