Tuesday, April 5

De-Grease Your Pepperoni

I don't know about you but I LOVE me some pepperoni!  I can eat it straight out of the bag and it's my favorite topping on pizza.

I have been making homemade pizza a lot here lately.  It's much cheaper than ordering out and generally healthier.  However, I just couldn't get past the grease factor of the pepperoni.  I mean, who wants a pool of orange grease drenching their food?  Or that lovely trail it leaves from your hand to your elbow?  NO THANKS!  So, let's degrease!

Start by laying two paper towels down on a plate then line up your yummy pepperonis like so.



Continue on alternating pepperoni and two paper towels until you have laid out what you need for your meal.




Place these in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds.  Let them sit while you get out the rest of your pizza ingredients then heat for another 30 seconds.  Sauce up your pizza dough then give them another go.  They should be good and degreased after about 2-3 minutes.

This is what the top paper towel will look like.




Peel back that first layer to reveal all that greasiness!  BLAH!  Just imagine all the fat and grease that is going into the trash and not onto your hips!



ENJOY!!

Other posts you might enjoy~
This post is linked to the following~

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...