Tuesday, May 24

Strawberry Slushy

Strawberry Slushy
This is my first attempt at an actual slushy.  We usually just do some form of smoothie with milk and/or yogurt.  However, I was tired of the heaviness of a smoothie but still wanted something cold and refreshing so I made a slushy.  Strawberry slushy to be exact as I found them on sale for $0.99/lb!!!  I bought 4 pounds! ;)

Strawberry Slushy

1 tray of ice
1 cup of water
1 cup of fruit juice (I used black cherry)
1 lb. of strawberries, sliced
sugar* (amount depends on the sweetness of your berries and juice)

Place all ingredients in the blender in the order listed.  Blend until desired consistency.  Garnish with a big fat juicy strawberry and a smile! :)

Happy Cooking!!

*I used white sugar but thought afterward how brown sugar would have given it a nice depth of flavor.  If you try it that way and like it let me know!

This post is linked to~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...