Friday, October 28

Easy Homemade Donuts

I have to start off by saying that I don't recommend making these donuts often.  They are so GOOD but I'm sure so BAD for your waistline!  I think I have made them twice this year.  They are always a real treat!  Super easy, super tasty, super happy family!  :)

Also, I'm not sure what's going on with my pictures.  They were the right direction on my computer but when I uploaded them they turned.  I decided to share them anyways.  You will just have to turn your head sideways.  Sorry... ;)

Easy Homemade Donuts
A few cans of biscuits
Oil for frying
Cinnamon/Sugar mix


Start by cutting your biscuits into quarters.  A pizza cutter makes quick work of this.


Gently place your biscuit pieces into about an inch of hot oil.  They will quickly start to puff up.  Once the first side cooks they will start to float and you can use a slotted spoon to help them turn so the other side will cook. 


 When they are the color you want them, remove them to your cinnamon sugar mixture.  Give them a toss and make sure they are generously coated.


Put them on a paper bag or a tray lined with paper towels just to absorb any excess grease.


Finally, try to keep sneaky little fingers out of them so you will have some left to put on a pretty plate to serve.



Happy Cooking!!

Other posts you might enjoy~
This tummy pleasing recipe is linked to~

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...