We really love breakfast in this house. My husband is especially fond of it. I could probably fix him eggs 7 days a week and he wouldn't complain. My oldest daughter on the other hand, she is not an egg eater. She will eat the white part of a boiled egg and will choke down a fried egg if she knows it has come from a farm and not from the store.
Picky eater that one.
However, she loved this dish!
Its super simple to put together. It takes all of 5 minutes if your meat is prepared in advanced. It cooks in about 30 minutes and serves at least 6. My family has 2 adults and 4 girls ranging in ages from 11-4 years. We all ate heartily (with biscuits and gravy on the side) and had plenty of leftovers.
Easy Breakfast Casserole
1 cup hash browns
1/2 lb. breakfast sausage cooked and drained
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
5-10 shakes of hot sauce (I used Louisiana)
1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown sausage in a skillet until cooked. Drain on a paper towel.
2. While sausage cooks, whisk everything but hash browns in a large bowl.
3. Grease the bottom of an 8x11 glass baking dish and evenly distribute hash browns on the bottom.
4. Add the sausage to the eggs and then carefully pour the egg mixture on top of the potatoes.
5. Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
You might also enjoy~