Wednesday, September 18

Pray In The Name Of Jesus




One can pray beautiful prayers, seemingly powerful prayers, but end them with the phrase, "in your name I pray," and they will fall flat.  They will be of no effect.  "In your name" has as much power as praying in Bob's name or in Sue's name.  The name with the power is JESUS!
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.  ~John 17:11 (emphasis mine)

The reference to His name does nothing.  The hint of His name does nothing.  The spoken word of His name, JESUS, is what causes every knee to bow, every tongue to confess.

...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  ~Philippians 2:10

There is real , true, living power when we pray IN JESUS NAME!

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.  ~John 14:13-14

Ashley <>< 
Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!!

Other posts you might enjoy~



This post is linked to the following~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...