Tuesday, September 24

Tuesday's Tip~Pretty Fall Candles~How To Cleanly Get Rid Of The Dirty Wick Clump

I absolutely adore fall!  It's my favorite season by far.  Winter is second but only because it includes Christmas.  Fall brings the relief of cooler temps, the comfort of long awaited soups, and the smells of apples and pumpkin spice and falling leaves.....ahhhhhh...

As the seasons change, my preference of smells in candles changes too.  In the spring I like flowers.  Summer is for fruity and tropical smells.  In winter I love vanilla, cookies, and forest pines.  Fall is all about apple cider, cinnamon, and pumpkin.  I like to light candles in he morning and have them burning all day.  There is something so comforting and cozy about the glow of a candle (or 7).

I have noticed however that some candles are more messy than others.  Some of them burn cleanly while others put off a lot of smoke and soot.  Some wicks burn down just fine while others create a big black clump on the end.  That bothers me.  So I found a way to clean it off without getting my fingers all black.



How to cleanly clean your candle ;-)

1. Take a clean fork and slide the wick in between the tines.
2. Carefully lift up to remove all the black gunk.
3. Shake candle over your trash can to remove the crumbs.
4. Light as normal and enjoy!

What are your favorite candle scents?  Do your likes change with the seasons too?

Ashley <><
Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!!

Other posts you might enjoy~

This post is linked to the following lovely blogs~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...