Thursday, October 3

SOAP~Resting in His Shadow



Scripture~ He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. ~Psalm 
91:1

Observation~ The definition of dwell is to live or stay as a permanent resident; to linger over, emphasize, or ponder in thought, speech, or writing.  Permanently staying in the shelter of God will give me rest.

Application~ The only way to DWELL in the shelter is to pray without ceasing.  To pray without stopping.  To pray permanently.  In this way I am always reaching out to God, always lingering over our relationship, always pondering the Most High.  If I am always with Him in prayer then I am in His shelter and I can REST.

Prayer~ My Lord, my Shelter, my Love...you are who I need, who I want.  Thank you for the promise of REST in this verse.  With everything that comes my way everyday it it so comforting to know that with you I can find true rest for my soul!  Please remind me to dwell in your shelter so I can rest in your shadow.  In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...