Sunday, January 5

SOAP~Because You Say So



Scripture~

Simon answered, "Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything.  But because you say so, I will let down the nets." ~Luke 5:5

Observation~

In Simon's mind he had done everything he could do to catch fish and nothing had worked.  In his mind the fish just weren't there.  In his mind it didn't make sense to drop the nets again.  He had fished all night.  He had brought in his nets, paddled to shore, cleaned his nets, then even rowed Jesus out a little ways and listened to a sermon.  He was tired.  I'm sure he just wanted to hop on his donkey and go home.  But no.  Even though it made no sense in the natural to throw the nets out again, he did it, just because Jesus said so.

Application~

How many things in my life would go differently if I just listened to Jesus?  What would happen to my life if I read the Bible and applied it just because Jesus said so?  I need to get into a better habit of seeking the Lord first.  I could save myself a lot of trouble if I just did things His way first.

Prayer~

Sweet Jesus, thank you for your Word.  Thank you for this simple, much needed lesson.  Father please help me hear you.  Open my ears to hear and my eyes to see your will for my life.  Help me to know for sure when it's your voice instructing me so I can step out in faith and do what you have called me to do.  I love you.  In Jesus Name, Amen!

I'm sure many of us feel the same as Peter did during this busy Christmas season.  First Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's...  You might feel like you have just worked and worked and worked and now you just want to rest.  Can I just say that if you will do what Jesus tells you to do then he will provide the restful feeling that you need.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...