Tuesday, January 19

The Joy of Early Morning Bible Time





Ahhhhh sleep!  It's a glorious thing!  I love it!  I want more of it!  There's nothing like the sleep that comes after hitting snooze.  But here's the thing, Psalm 5:3 says,

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."

I guess everyone's "in the morning" time is different.  For some it's 5:30.  For others it's not until 10:00.  The point is, God wants to spend time with you in the morning.  And when you go to Him and lay your requests before Him, you can wait EXPECTANTLY for an answer.  Not just hoping or wishing but EXPECTING!

But sleep...oh soft, glorious, warm, cozy bed...how I love thee...let me count the ways!

Well here's a beautiful thing God told me just last week: "Thirty extra minutes in The Word is going to do so much more for you than thirty extra minutes in bed ever could!" 

WOW!

That was truly one of those times where I knew it was God.  I mean, the devil certainly isn't going to tell me to read the Bible, and honestly I don't think my flesh is going to tell me to get out of bed any earlier, so it HAD to be God.

So I have been trying to get up earlier.  I will not lie to you...it has been hard!  Most days I hit the snooze button but I have still been consistently getting up about 15-20 minutes earlier.  I'm a work in progress.  The point here is not to be perfect but to look to The One who is.

Here are 3 things I have learned about spending early morning time with The Father:

1. The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength (Nehemiah 8:10)

Some days are harder than others, there's no way around that.  I have found that even on the harder days, if I will start off with extra time in the Word then my attitude about the hardships is so much better.  Soaking in God's word gives me the strength I need to face whatever the devil throws my way.  A lot of times the situation is only as bad as my attitude so having that extra dose of Jesus really helps!

2. I Can Do All Thing Through Christ Who Strengthens Me (Philippians 4:13)

My days are full!  I homeschool 3 girls and have one in public school high school (who's not yet driving herself around).  That takes a lot of time.  Add in all the normal housework, meal planning and grocery shopping, laundry, bill paying, self-care...the list is long.   On days when I feel like I. JUST. CAN'T. I am reminded that I actually CAN do ALL things as long as I do them through Christ who gives me the strength I need.

3. God Is For Me (Romans 8:31)

Do you ever feel like the whole world is against you?  Like everything you say and do that day is wrong and you just want to crawl back in bed?  I find that when I consistently spend time with Jesus in His Word that I have those kinds of days a lot less.  If a day like that happens to sneak up on me, I can look to the One who is for me.  It is comforting to know that the One who created the heavens and the earth is on my side.  It's also nice to know that His mercies are new every morning so if today was hard then I can start over tomorrow.

Dear one, the Lord loves you so!  He wants to be your friend!  Run to Him early and often!  Your life will never be the same!!

Let's chat!  What are some of the ways you spend time in the Word?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love getting comments and read every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...